View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 03:19 PM   #9
93Polo

Re: 5 lug bolt circle suggestions? Which one and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_p View Post
I'm planning to go 5x4.75 primarily due to the fact I plan to run large GM brakes (Vette) and those rotors are 5x4.75. I will make the rear axles work. I want modern stopping power up front, though I do plan to mod mine, likely more than you may want to for your son . . . enjoy the build =)
Being a C4/C5 Corvette guy and having a set of C5 brakes and 3 piece wheels sitting around from a past project, I am leaning towards 5x4.75. I also like that I am open to C5/C6 discs without redrilling rotors. The question for me is how to get 5x4.75 on the rear and it maybe to do a 9" or weld 9" axle ends on the 12bolt to allow for a Kore3 GM rear disc conversion.

Having been in the late model GM world (4th Gen Fbody before the Corvette), it was always annoying to see 5x4.5 wheels especially 3 piece wheels (Fikse, HRE etc) go for less money as Ford and many imports are on 5x4.5.

If you are happy with stock truck brakes and can find the wheels you want 5x5 maybe the easiest option.

While we're on the topic of weight and brake bias, Any thoughts on C5 2 piston brakes up front and LS Fbody rear brakes?
93Polo is offline   Reply With Quote