View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
Dleslie212

Re: 77 Scottsdale 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSpaz View Post
I have had this truck for over 40 years and am close to finishing the 67c10.

I figured I would start looking for front end parts because I always had issues with the front left hub bearing nuts backing off. Still full time 4 wheel btw. It's been sitting and going to heck for 20 of those years.

I know what this truck is. It's what we called a heavy half way back then. The front end parts are bigger than standard 1/2 ton. I'm running into parts people who continue to sell me the wrong stuff and argue with me about it. I took a complete hub down there last time to show them. They were lost and pretty much threw their arms up in the air.

So is there a new name these are called now so I don't have to deal with this anymore when looking for parts?

I just got done completely rebuilding the hub and rotor assembly on my 77 K10... I don’t know what the difference would be between yours and mine, but will help in any way I can. I don’t see how those nuts could back off if the nuts are both torqued properly, and the washer with the little nipple is aligned with the innermost nut correctly?
Dleslie212 is offline   Reply With Quote