View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 10:45 PM   #10
jocko

Re: 77 Scottsdale 4x4

I understand it was used many years ago - where I grew up it applied to a C10 (only) with F44 suspension. Anyway, it was a slang term that many used differently - my point being it's never going to help the 18 y/o behind the counter find what you're looking for.

In the references I'm digging thru to help, I can only find reference to a single GVWR and GAWR available in 76 on a K10 (sorry but I don't have a 77 data book) - but it does match your GVWR sticker of 6200/3520. I see no optional axles listed unfortunately. Interestingly, the VIK for both 76 and 77 also list only a single K10 front axle, no options - but they list 3600 lb axles as the standard... I don't rely on VIKs very much for this type of data though. Maybe someone on here has a 77 data book they could check for you to see if there was more than the standard axle listed?? Having said all that, the 6200 GVWR and 3520 GAWR is listed as the standard and only front axle on a 76 K10. I took a stab at RockAuto and only saw one axle listed there as well - and if RockAuto doesn't list it - a kid behind the counter will never find it I'm afraid. Sorry, I realize this isn't a lot of help.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote