View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #30
prg machine

Re: pictures of shortbox stepsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael bustamante View Post
Dang!!! now what to do??? lift or lower??? I`m going thru this same dilema right now too. some one gave a 84` blazer rolling chasis and I was thinking of placing my 68 stepside on top of it but these thigs look GOOOD lowered too. what to do
PRG. you gonna go 4x4 or ???
my k-20 was just in a wreck;

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...to_threadtools

anyway, I was toying with the idea of getting the short step box and shortening my frame since the truck is now tweaked, and what the hey, not worth much to try and sell...........I do plan on keeping the truck forever anyway so I decided why not chop..............so I called a local truck shop that repairs frames to see what they thought.............they won't touch it or consider it..................

If you are ever in an accident and hurt someone or yourself or do property damage and your truck is modified in such a way that the insurance company can kick back on you.they will in a heart beat. Chopped frames will definitely get you in trouble in an accident. I have been jumping through the insurance hoops for the last week talking to agents, filling out papers,DMV accident papers ( there's another agency that can realy cause trouble............you MUST report any accident with over 1500 dollars damage, personal injury or if a vehicle was towed within 72 hours or you can lose driving privileges in Oregon. All of those reports ask forVIN numbers and everything must correspond and if they wanted they can all check your vehicle for safety issues.
So with all of that, as cool as a shortbox looks, I am staying long and staying legal.

Just as a note.................the property owner who's dead snag I fell with my truck turned in a report for damage to right of way before I even got home from the hospital 3 hours after the accident..............The insurance people said they had already called and submitted a claim.............I took pictures and I am checking and keeping an eye out to see if they do anything at all with it.................I am very interested in seeing if they just don't pocket the money.

Anyway I love those short steps and someday may own one, but it will be a factory truck and not a chop.

If any one needs a good 68 step for 300, let me know and I could hook you up.
Crane roller cam lifters and rockers ,1.6 intake ratio, Open chamber heads, 9.5-1 compression ratio, 2.02 intake valves , Edelbrock performer Air Gap manifold Carter AFB performer 750cfm, MSD ignition, SM465 NP205 4.10 gears:
prg machine is offline   Reply With Quote