View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
cal30_sniper

Re: '86 Suburban Seat Upgrade

Keith,

That is some awesome info. I'm stoked to try it now. Looking at the bottom of your front captains chairs, do you think there's any way I could bolt them to the sliders on my factory captains chairs? It seems to me that would be the easiest way to handle the front, because the factory sliders are already have pads contoured to the humped front floor at the proper angle, but are no more than an inch or two off the floor at the highest part of the hump:

passenger side view:

Passenger front view:

The tops of these manual sliders are straight and level with each other, so as long as the bottoms of the front buckets are flat, I should be able to adapt them with little effort.

I would love to see some pictures of how you handled that angle iron on the rear seat, as well as the bracket you cut and how they sit in relation to the door jamb. Sounds like you did just about exactly what I was thinking of doing.

-Levi
01 Ram 2500 - 5.9L Magnum, daily driver
91 BMW 325i - Chumpcar series racecar
cal30_sniper is offline   Reply With Quote