View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
cal30_sniper

Re: '86 Suburban Seat Upgrade

I was looking at that same issue with the inner mounts for the 60 side seat. Might tag the driveshaft tunnel a little bit. Looks to me like you could raise the entire seat about an inch and be free and clear all the way around. I'm going to have to take the carpet out of my '90 parts car and see how it looks. Any chance you could measure the brackets for the 2nd row seat for me? Length and Width of the 60 seat and 40 seat brackets would really help me to figure this out. That way I can go ahead and mark it out on the floor pan to see what I'm dealing with.

I'm halfway done with the A/C stuff right now. I just got through doing a conversion to serpentine belt using the factory '90 5.7L brackets out of my parts truck and the Kwik Performance adapter brackets. I mounted a SD508 Sanden compressor with a GM back pad while I was at it, along with a complete cooling system upgrade and new A/C condenser, accumulator, orifice tube, rear evap valve, and lines from the compressor to accumulator/condensor. I'm going to flush the rest of the lines tonight and put in all new o-rings tomorrow. After that I'll break out the vacuum pump and gauges and try to charge this baby up. We'll see how that goes.
01 Ram 2500 - 5.9L Magnum, daily driver
91 BMW 325i - Chumpcar series racecar
cal30_sniper is offline   Reply With Quote