View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #96
SS Tim

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash3481 View Post
Tim...found a 2wd blazer and the guy is arguably asking too much for it, its not for sale anywhere but I can purchase it from him. can you assist on its apparent original state as it look untouched (and a little rough around the edges)...
So are you hiding from the Blazer guys over here? :-)
There is a Blazer/Jimmy plaid thread as well.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=635033

First off I never thought I'd see a 4x2 Blazer Highlander much less a Promo Package "C" too.

This is the only one I know of so far.
As to its value that is very subjective.
But considering any 2wd Blazer goes high this is going to be up there.

As a restored ride this would be an eyecatcher for sure. The Tangier Orange looks great with the orange plaid and white interior. About the only thing I would add are a set of sliding windows (if you can find any)!

Being a Highlander or more specifically a Promo Package "C" the options are very specifc and may not be exactly "the look" for you.

As it sits in the pictures, for the most part it looks correct.

The rally wheels are of course incorrect as it had the PA1 full wheel covers stock (same as a Monte Carlo).

The white paint below the rockers is an incorrect addition. Originally it was solid true orange with a white top.

The mirrors are probably the hardest to accept. Highlander Promo Package Blazers had Camper Mirrors (DF2 stainless) at any option level. If you look closely at the doors, the five holes are clearly apparent from the original installation.

The trailer hitch is an additon, but you already knew that.

Without seeing the interior it is impossible be of much help there. But of note are the Blazer only console and wood door trim with the Highlander plaid trim.

The rust does seem to be pervasive so check it very carefully.
Any way this works out please keep us updated.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote