View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 07:30 AM   #52
special-K
Special Order

Re: Led frount turn signals/park lights for GMC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA View Post
Those are UNBELIEVABLE!!!
I badly want a set, but we have a law in SC against a "signal light" emanating a "glaring or dazzling light".
I must check to see if these are considered as such before purchasing any. Hard to believe something that makes a vehicle easier to see could have a law against it.
Probably just a poorly written law meant to address a broken lens. I'd think since L.E.D.s are allowed on newer vehicles that older vehicles could run them. That's why people are getting them for their older vehicles, so all the knuckleheads who are used to such bright lights will notice ours. In the opposite direction, I've been pulled over in 6v vehicles with tiny (factory) tail lamps for not being bright enough. I asked the officer what the required minimum candlepower was and he couldn't say. I wonder if there is even a maximum rating established to enforce the bright light law

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote