View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 04:27 PM   #478
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Fellers, if you think this thing is cool in pictures, it's AWESOME in person. I thought it was cool when it was a beater! Truly a gorgeous piece. Thanks again for saving my skin (again).
Hey, Chip. Glad to be of assistance; in return you did me a solid with the coil covers so, many thanks for that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
I have been lucky enough to see it in person and it really does look phenomenal. I can’t wait to see it all together.
Thanks, Scott, I'm still hacking away at it.

Took a big step forward on the wiring. The Dakota Digital module is mounted with all the feed wires (except the cruise light) in place. Now I can connect the CAT5 cable to the dash and get it installed. Pretty sure when I do, I'll discover something I forgot and have to take it back out. Seems to be the way it goes.

I found out after the fact that the glove box door stop arm won't let the door close. Hits one of the Vintage Air ducts and refuses to go any further. So I took it off entirely and will do without it. No harm in doing so, just can't use the door as a shelf when it's open. We'll have the console for storage and cup holders anyway.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote