View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 12:28 AM   #10
cayoterun

Re: Life "thumb twiddling" sentence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Glad you're here! Been through Anderson a few times, headed to Noel for float trips.
Next time down "float dunkin"!, give us a holler, and we'll come down and eat with you (our treat) there in Noel. We lived there in '69-70. Lived in "North" Noel across from chicken plant and behind the Motel. Had trailer house parked there at Peterson propane storage tanks and office. Lived there when Noel had the big "train explosion". The concussion blew our trailer windows out on that side. Was a shocking wake up call, for sure. We had residential propane tanks all along the tracks within a block from the explosion. Within a hour, the state safety people were there and "ordered" me to get there and turn the residential tanks off. Who knows, I might have filled your camping propane bottle for you??

We looked in Noel for a house on the river, but no luck, so bought this in Anderson with a nice back yard creek that dumps in the Elk not far from here.

Everything has sure changed since then, tho. The only thing I don't like is "all these darn trees"------Can't see a darn thing after being in the Okie Panhandle all those years!!! grin

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote