View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 05:32 PM   #492
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Transported the inner fenderwells, coil covers and grille bar to Hot Rod Express for paint. After considerable deliberation, I decided to go ahead and paint the grille bar in the body color. The spray chrome just wasn't working for me. They offered to try to respray the chrome but I told them "once bitten, twice shy." Wish I'd known they had the ability to do spray chrome before sending the piece to the shop on the east coast. Might have turned out nicer and cost less. Looking forward to getting the parts back so I can get busy installing components like the cruise control, brake vacuum pump, m/c and brake booster, etc. Right now, I'm having to switch among things to do because of a lack of planning.

I machined a billet mount for the fuel regulator, only to find I didn't have the AN fittings I needed to complete the fuel line plumbing. Same for the power steering. I called Roadster Shop to find out what pump pressure would be suitable for the rack and pinion they install on their chassis. They said they go by flow rate and not pressure and sent me a list of parts they recommend for their setup. So the Borgeson pressure kit I purchased was set aside to be replaced by a fitting with a specific orifice size - that I had to order, of course.

I did get the console finalized after getting the RCA cables I needed. It meets my need for an installation that doesn't look entirely homemade like some of my past efforts.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote