View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 06:43 AM   #4968
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

A rare thing happened yesterday.

Sally came over by 08.30 for tea and toast and to spend some time, I rarely go to her place, as there are no toys, and she prefers to come here..

So we had brekkie together, the watched some recorded telly, and by 12.00 she went home to see her grandson and son, also to allow me to get outside as by then I was feeling very guilty.

I was chuffed though, that I had managed to sit and do nothing for a few hours.

She is a sneaky photographer and waited for me to start looking for a hole in the trucks bulkhead.

I had two small jobs to do.

Replace the switch on the rear fog light with a metal item and ensure it still worked.

So out with the very broken old red unit. In with the new.

Happy.

Next job after finding a small man made hole in the bulkhead was to thread a wire through there.

That was a mistake, as I ended up removing it, and enlarging the hole with a step drill, and then running two wires in there, finding them snaking in from under the dash.

I also used some flat 3 core household wire to thread through the face of the dash, so that I could connect it to the two wires and then pull them up through the dash.

These modern cars are so compactly made, and even the threading of wires are a bit more complex as there is so much under the dash, blocking access.

Still, got it through and then got the wires back up out the front.

Next job inside was to drill a hole to take the new metal push button for the Klaxon horn.

I hate damaging the cars plastics, and mad as it may seem, I will keep an eye out for a replacement piece to stash with all the other unused parts.

Mate Kevin who is moving house soon, also popped around for a looksee, couple of mugs of tea and a chat.

Once the internal jobs were done, I needed to find a live to draw current from.

As earning was easy via the mounting bolt, and the pigs tail out the horn.

And once fitted, happy with the tidiness achieved.

I forgot to take pics of the completed switches before dark. So good morning.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote