View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #118
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Finished removing the remaining pieces of the front clip. The bolt on the lower right front fender behind the wheel well refused to come out, so I had to drill in from the outside with a hole saw to access the nut. It was packed with about an inch of bondo which explained a lot. I'm planning to use the fender, so a patch will be needed as well as the rear support brace.

I rented a small storage space around the corner from the house and started loading it up with the clip parts and interior/door pieces I've removed. With the new chassis sitting in the spare shop bay, I'm rapidly running out of room to work.

I found a pair of BelAir wagon / Nomad top fin crown mouldings on eBay. They're the correct 41.5" versions. My quarter panels only have holes for the three clips that are stock on the 150's and 210's. So I removed the retainer pieces from the stainless trim and used them to locate where the new holes need to be cut into the tops of the quarters. The holes are rectangular, so it will be a PITA to put them in there, but it will be worth it in the end.

On a personal note, I may not be able to post regularly for awhile. My best gal, Kathy, has been diagnosed with breast cancer, so we're gearing up for her treatment. She goes under the knife next Tuesday to remove the tumor, followed by 4-6 weeks of recovery and then another 4-6 weeks of radiation. We won't know until after her surgery whether chemo will be needed as well, but we're hoping that won't be the case. Even though the tumor is the most aggressive grade, she was extremely lucky they caught it very early on. So the doctors are highly optimistic she will recover fully. So for the next few months we'll be schlepping back and forth to doctor appointments and/or daily visits to the big zapper.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote