View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #95
Breadfather

Re: Decal Replacement/77 Chevy Sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SPORT View Post
I have restored 79 and 80 Sports ...we have the striping for those;I have project truck 1978 and 1981 Sports...neither have original paint or stripes.I have an original paint/stripe 76 Sport.And an original paint 77 stepside but the stripes were replaced very early on with painted ones (it was an Arizona desert truck and the originals peeled off in the sun).My 77 is a 9j9 truck;came with a roll bar but it was missing by the time I got it.I was able to buy a correct roll bar from an owner who took one out of a new truck.But it is the stepside version.They are higher than you would think;I can give you the height and tubing dimensions and you could get one built that would be 99% right.
The last picture is the only picture I have on file of a fleetside 9J9.
The lights that are mounted on top of the "sport bar" as Chevy called it were dealer installed as part of PDI.I talked with the guy who supplied my roll bar...he had purchased the unit new...and his were never installed ( I assume someone in pdi kept them or they could have been stolen when truck was on lot)
80 Sport, based on many many hours on the Internet, you are the foremost expert on these trucks. How rare would you say these trucks are? Any sizing and measurements that you may be able to provide would be very much appreciated. sizing on the stickers, the sizing of the light bar tubes, size of each color on the stickers, etc. if you look at the picture I posted above of the mounting spots of the old light bar, would you say the 2 bolts on the front of the wheel bump are the original mouthing bolts or the part that is actually cut off? I can't think of a reason those bolts would be there and in both sides.