View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #24
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Payback calculator for upgrade vs MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
If you really get into it, you will find a lot more ways to include other payback elements within this type of upgrade.
For instance does a '700R4' transmission add value to the vehicle?....i would say it does. So the value addition to the truck could be factored in in terms of payback.
Next up, does the reduced speed on the highway add to engine life?....probably yes, which means that you will be getting at least an extra year out of your motor if you anticipate lasting...10 years?...12 years? 15 years? or? Either way, there is financial/investment payback in that as well.

I enjoy the resulting conversation when the general public or even a few friends ask me about 'gas mileage' while snickering...lol.
I ask them what their yearly depreciation is on their late model vehicle?....say....$10 a day?...maybe more?....plus they still have to put gas in their vehicle...and they pay more in insurance because its new.

I tell them I have to put gas in mine too....more often than them for sure, but my truck goes up approx. $2-3 a day in value...vs. down $10 a day...which easily allows me to offset my gas costs...lol.

All good
Coley

I picked up a 700R4 last Spring and will be installing it next Spring..

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote