View Single Post
Old 09-04-2023, 09:56 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Re: September 2023 ToTM: Labor!

I had those white powder coated 9.75 x 16.5s since the '80s. I had one pair I got from the guy I started out subcontracting siding from in '82 or '83. They were off the '72 C/30 w/utility body he bought new. he ran 8.25s on the front. I used to see that truck when I was in HS and loved it, "The White Truck". The truck was gone but he still had those wheels. I went to a commercial wheel & rim business and bought the other pair. I just painted those white, then black, then argent. That first set had more offset, so eventually I bought a second pair at the same place. They went from one '71 K/20 to the other. When I retired the second '71 K/20 they were on, I had them blasted and powder coated gloss black for the '84 I got in '89. When I bought the '72 K/20 Cheyenne Super Custom Camper in '91 I had them blasted again and done gloss white. Then in '01 when I got this GMC, because the Chevy was under restoration, they went onto it. Those wheels have a story for sure. I have nice hubcaps for the truck now, but they won't go on until it gets restored some day. I want another set of 10", but I think I'll do those gloss black w/o hubcaps, like I had on the '84. The caps with go on the 8" wheels it has now, once they get powder coated. I might have a wheel fetish (but that's normal, right?)
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote