View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #192
Frizzle Fry

Re: Joined the Short Wheelbase Club *69 Tahoe Project*

Thanks Nate and Kevin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
Keep it up Mike... it's looking killer! Can't wait to see it on its new wheels and tires!
Suspension components are on the way... Then I'll see what kind of space I need to create in order to run the the wheel/tire/height combo I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
This is comming along sweet. It is going to be so nice just to copy what you have done and not have to think about it for once
As far as our vintage hinge I do not think it will work because ours are tuckers and you need one to lift out and around. By tuckers what I mean is when you open the door the leading edge tuckes in behind the fender. For a rear hatch you will need a lift out and up style. I think the ones you linked to would work great and it sure was nice of them to post all those close up shots to help to build your own. Keep it up great work as always.

Whern you get ready for your hood mod let me help with the thinking part!http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=244455

Kevin
LFD Inc.
I agree about the hinges. There's no room to tuck the upper edge of the hatch. I just picked up some 5" dia 1/4" wall tubing today

As for the hood, you did an excellent job on it and I do think it looks better than the 69-72 hood. It also gives you a novelty factor. But... I'm going with a full 68 clip (slightly modded).

I may end up using your cognitive powers on a 4th door one day though

Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 06-09-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote