View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #22
bigeasycigars

Re: Suspension Questions for my '71 K5..

Well I just installed..
Springs (4" Skyjackers) softrides...much better ride now
Bilstein shocks
New tie rods, ball joints, steering etc. (total front end rebuild using Moog Parts)
Replaced body mount bushings
Went through trans, transfer case, motor, diffs and replaced fluids and filters and gaskets as well as new wires and tune up. Fixed exhaust leak, added electronic ignition, cleaned the engine compartment (removed 40 years of sh*t wiring for who knows what)

This weekend installing Steering stabilizer, my new lengthened drive shafts, greasable shackels, new gas tank, sending unit, etc.

--Left to do.
Going through heater and getting ready to install an a/c. Not sure weather I'll go with Classic Air or work with what I have.

Gonna replace the BUMPERS AND OUTER GRILLE. Who has the best replacement parts that you know of? The best quality and fit?
FIND A FRONT FLIP FOR PASSENGER SEAT. Anyone know of somebody who might have the hardware?

Looks like next winter for the body work. Still looks good but want to remove all the rust on mine so I can sleep better at night.

Talk with ya soon,

Eric