View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #36
jonmc56

Re: Jon's 69 CST Build

2 steps forward, 1 step back. All the brake stuff is in and working. Thanks to my bro-in-law and good buddy Wayne for spending a good part of his July 4th holiday long weekend working on it with me.
Almost every length of 'pre-bent' brake line from Inline Tube had to be re-bent, some of it substantially. Last time I ever use pre-bent lines. Next time I'll buy straight pipe and bend myself, since I have to do so much re-bending with pre-bent lines anyway.
We were almost finished bleeding the brakes when the passenger side front caliper bleeder wouldn't seal. After trying 3 different bleeder screws, I looked into the bleeding cavity with a bright light, it looked like someone chewed up the bleeder seat with a drill bit, probably before the caliper was rebuilt. So, had to order another caliper, and get it powder coated. The good news is that the bad powder coated caliper looks really nice sitting in my scrap metal pile.
Ready to drop it back onto the floor once the new intermediate parking brake cable arrives tomorrow, that is a whole separate story.
Painting the underside of the bed, about 50% done.
I'm shooting to take the truck (and my Chevelle) to a car show in Cedar Mill on August 3 that I help organize. It's going to come down to the wire as usual.

Last edited by jonmc56; 07-21-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling
jonmc56 is offline   Reply With Quote