View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #88
sweetk30

Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

so we fired it off around 5:15pm . . .well tried to anyway . . . everything was there until we cranked it .

no crank fuel pressure / no tach / no info from the ecu screen showing crank / no timming light flashes from spark .

well lets just say i hooked the msd hot wire to the coil . . . . just never hooked the key hot/crank wire to the coil

well we fixed that real quick . then we turned the key and instant BOOM out the muffler and purring like a kitten . she was a little loaded up from each key cycle from the no coil power cranks when it gives it a primer shot .

other than a small fuel leak on the fuel adapter / gauge sender thingy my fault we had no real problems. took him off . cleaned the pipe dope off and teflon taped it good and retested no leaks .

only real problem yet is the ecu touch screen likes to change options / places all by its self . got to figure that out .

my buddy and i did get the brakes all hooked up caliper's and hoses . fronts bolted on and rear stuck a block of wood between pads . then we bleed the system all out before we fired it up .

still need to put the guts back in the 14ff and install the brake rotors and brackets .

measure for drive shafts . and have them re-tubed at the local shop.

finalize the sniper wiring layout and loom it .

install the windstar fans and relays that will be feed by the sniper or a extra switch for backup .

make sure the air cleaner fits under the hood . . going to be close .

box on / filler necks hooked up .

exhaust tail pipe out the left .

and few more things .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote