View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 04:52 PM   #13
71GreenJunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Guess that’s why all the drag guys are buying junkyard 200,000 mile ls truck motors and slapping twins on them to the tune of 12-1500 hp on stock internals and heads while making them last for a long while. Yea sounds like garbage to me... guess that’s also why the ls has all the good aftermarket support to make them even better than they already are... Try building a ford mod or a HEMI for any where near as cheap and reliable as the ls are... I’m all about being original and if you desire to put a hemi in your truck I’d love to sit back and watch it come together, it sounds like a cool project and I respect that. However I wouldn’t be so quick to trash what is one of the best engine platforms ever engineered.
Fact of the matter is once the pieces of garbage get 60k miles they piston slap, water pumps don't last much longer, lifter failures, defecting head castings over the course of 6 years. don't get me started on the oil pump design. the water pump design itself is horrendous. Reliable laughing my ass off. Had the misery of trying to keep a 5.3 together. Tohell with that!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
71GreenJunk is offline   Reply With Quote