View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #9
Jackson's Dad 64 C10

Re: Rebuild 12 bolt or swap to 9 inch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
That 2400 is sounding like full retail prices . Do your own shopping and see the prices .

Then pop the cover and see what you have now you might be surprised its clean and useable . Maybe add a lunch box locker to replace the open spider gears and a pair of 5club axles and your brake kit . And why disc rear ? Good drum work fine with disc front combo all the time .
I’ve been doing my homework on it. I don’t farm out much work, but I don’t know anything about the dark arts of properly setting up a rear end. As far as the disc vs drum question, drums are fine, but due to the axle swap, I have to buy everything anyway. Seems like I may as well spend a little more now and go ahead with discs. My philosophy on this truck is that I’m only doing something once. I’m going to spend the money now to get the long term result, and not have to go back and redo anything that I don’t have to. The first build on this one is basically everything but body work. I’m building it for a 16 year old to drive, so it will get scratched or dinged. Once he gets older (after college or beyond), we can take it down and do the body work. Everything underneath should still be good. I’m just building with an eye to the future.
Jackson's Dad 64 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote