View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #37
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: 77 Cheyenne meets Ramjet 350 by N2TRUX

I have to fast forward a few steps here. The pics I have that document the next stages of progress are terrible. What isn't shown are small details for the most part. I will have quality pics of the completed motor in the wrap up.

In the meantime let me focus on a sidebar project that was done. As you already know one of my dislikes of the Ramjet motor was the tall narrow plenum. Rogers creative talent managed to overcome that quit well. Another cosmetic concern of mine is the air filter. It really bothers me that it's just hanging there off the end of the throttle body. I have seen a couple of alternatives and didn't like any of them.

We considered routing an intake tube away from the motor and put the filter out of site. Roger and I worked with this plan for quit a while and ultimately decided to scrap that idea. It seemed that no matter where we tried to route the intake tube it was going to cause a problem. It would also take away from the uncluttered look on the front of the motor and we didn't want that.

I came up with an idea to create a cover for the air filter. This would camouflage the filter and not create a routing nightmare. It sounded good in theory, and even looked good in cardboard mock up.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote