View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 09:18 AM   #829
SCOTI

Re: How about some pics of Static Dropped C-10's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66clow View Post
Probably rides good until your on a rough road or need to avoid some dips or pot holes. �� But it's a matter of what you are willing to deal with.
This.

I bet most people use this statement because on a nice smooth road surface a truck that's <3" off the ground will do just fine. But as soon as the irregularities start, that 'rides good' statement goes out the window. Some will say "it's all part of it" (it being the experience of owning/driving a lowered classic truck).

I've driven my 'classics' daily. I've only had 2 or 3 vehicles along my journey that weren't hot-rodded or lowered but they were temporary rides. After tolerating the constant collisions caused between a lowered truck & common road surfaces I started building w/the mandatory clearance requirements (4" min ground clearance; 3" compression travel/clearance). That made a big difference in the driving experience.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote