View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #67
SS Tim

Re: Anyone have this original in-bed spare tire carrier mounted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
I moved mine from the rear bed drivers side...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
I think they mostly just drilled out the rail for the top two mounts at the dealer and then reused the lower bed bolt. My bracket had the matching original paint but was mounted at the rear (which doesn't sound standard). The top holes were not tapped, just drilled...]
Not sure why you think yours is a particularly useful reference. Clearly its not the factory location nor hardware. Looks like they only used one bolt on the bottom as well.

The RPO P13 carrier replaced the standard P10 uderbed carrier.

On Fleetsides it was located by a production reference hole in the left bedside floor flange.

The locating hole was opened for a production through bolt and an existing fastener (@ station 72.49 or 84.49) hole used for the other lower corner.

The bottom is secured in two locations with an existing production bed floor bolt hardware stack and an added bolt of the same type.

We know the carrier top was match drilled and through bolted with phillips screws, nuts and washers.

Of interest, spacers (crush sleeves?) were also used on RPO E81 wood floor Fleetsides and two different carriage bolts were used, 10 series and 20-30 series.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote