View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #1227
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds

I got all fired up tis morning to go install a carpet kit that's been sitting in my garage for about two years. I bought it from a guy advertising on CL for about $50, if I remember.

What I forgot to ask, I guess, was low or high hump? Well, naturally I have a low and the kit was high. It beat the crap outta me, as I was committed to install it...budget being what it is, and the fact that the seats were now out and laying in the driveway (Blazer rear seats - can't remember the year).

So...I cut up the old grungy carpet and taped the hell outta it, doing my best to make a high hump out of carpet.

It came out okay, with a minimum of folds where you can see them. But not perfect, by any means. I'm gonna have to run what I brung.

Point really was, after I was beat to crap and the time flew by waaay past lunch, I popped a Hansen's Rasberry and loaded it into a plastic cup with a ton of ice. Went out to look at the morning's work. The XM started playing Pink Floyd. I was kicking back and got inspired to vacuum. I did that, then remembered I forgot to cut a hole for the dimmer switch. Did that. Sat in the driver's seat. Leaned back...Dumped 12 oz. of Hansen's and a half a pound of ice cubes all over leather and new carpet. Not even one slurp left for my trouble!!!
Attached Images

But always a rat.