View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #2509
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldironracing View Post
Will the tank not drop out from bottom of truck?
In order to mount the hidden trailer hitch, I ended up mounting the tank on top of the lower frame rail lip. Now, to remove the tank, you need to unbolt both the hitch and the tank and then slide the tank out the back. It's clumsy, but it allowed me to hide the hitch behind the license plate, plus it raised the tank a little bit so you see less of it from the back view of the truck. Once again, vanity overwhelms common sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
That's one big access hole!
Yep, if ever I need to get at the pump and regulator again, I'll have a hole big enough to do so. I'll pick up a bed mat from Chux Trux this week and it will cover the inevitable ugliness.

The fuel problem ended up being stupid simple. The hose I used to connect the pump and the output line was not rated for the high pressure. It blew out after being immersed in the fuel and that was that. The weather pack connector they sent with the pump was obviously not meant for exposure to fuel either. There's a minuscule amount of tiny shavings and debris at the bottom of the tank which I'll clean up before reassembly. Some of it ended up on the fine mesh filter, but not enough to create a problem.

I obviously need to rethink my homemade in tank pump setup. More later.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote