View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #8
hotrodj54

Re: what rear axle/suspension set up 55-59

my fab skills are average i guess, i have enough tools and equipment and what i dont have i have access to. i run a body shop, so most of what i need is there if i dont have it at home. the front suspension is a heidts bolt in mustang ll. the bolt patern will be small gm. id like the rear to match. id like it as low as possible but still be driveable. i dont want to run air bags, been there done that, and im looking to run skinny rims and white walls. no big rims for me. i have not found a engine/trans combo yet but im planning on running a automatic so id like the gear set to be 323-336 area. really just want a nice driver out of this truck. i found a 65 chevelle rear and i think its about the right width, the perches have to be changed, i dont think there is anyway around that. from what ive read there is no bolt in rear that fits these trucks, and im fine with that. that why im askin, id like a general opinion of what every one is doing. i am trying to keep it budget frendly but i know that some stuff can not ne helped. ill post up pics, but she is no beauty queen let me tell ya haha......thanks john
hotrodj54 is offline   Reply With Quote