View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 01:57 AM   #1
Cjcolbyjack

54 3600 mountaineer awd chassis swap " mountain cat"

I started a new thread seeing how the mountaineer wasn't complete. I'm now using an aviator chassis http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=717927

I hope I'm doing this post correctly. This is my first post on this forum and the first time to post a build. 1st I'd like to thank this forum and everyone that post so much useful information. I can not thank all of you enough! In return I'm going to do my best to post my next build. Which is only my second build. Saying that I just want to say any advice and consideration about this build is truly appreciated. So here we go!
I lucked out and found a 1954 3600 caterpillar service truck on CL for $500, the guy was clueless. I talked him down to 400 before I even made the drive to go see it, once I saw it I gave him the full asking price of $500. I also found a wrecked 2002 mountaineer awd at a auction for another $500. So far so good on price. My 1st build took me 10 years and $30k. My goal on this one is less then $10k and less then a year to build. I know I will need yalls help! To start off I'm just going to start with tearing it apart and see what I have to work with. I also have a wrecked Tahoe that has a 5.3 to use for hp. I really would like to add a turbo to this one. I pick up the mountaineer Tuesday. I'll post more pics soon. The mountain cat build has begun!
Attached Images

Last edited by Cjcolbyjack; 09-20-2016 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Changed
Cjcolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote