View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 02:53 AM   #22
padresag

Re: 1966 C10 Short Stepside LS Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966c10LS View Post
Hey Ron,
Obviously my answer showed my inexperience and I did not respond the way you thought it should have been. Those are great trucks, looks like you did a great job on them. What do you think the answer to your question is? How do you suggest I resolve the issue, because it is an issue and does need to be resolved.

So you are saying what, about lowering and placing the weight of the motor and trans to the center of the vehicle? When you placed the 410 cu Edsel in the Studabaker truck behind the seat what was your front to rear axel weight ratio? Did you weigh the truck and balance it out or did you put all your weight to the rear of the vehicle. I have rode in a 1966 c10 truck with the weight balanced, have you? I liked how it handled, and want to do that with my truck. I realize more can be done to the suspension than engine placement, but doing both seem to compound the results, just my experiance so far.
those are not my vehicles, just a couple that I was using for examples.
I am just talking about leaving it in the stock location. I am more interested in the fascination of lowering the engine and moving it back. are you going racing?
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote