View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 02:27 AM   #24
padresag

Re: 1966 C10 Short Stepside LS Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966c10LS View Post
Hi Ron,
Yes I do plan on racing the truck, but I would be doing this even if I wasn't. I plan on driving this truck a lot. Balancing the truck makes it better handling, and nicer to drive. You do great work on the dashes you create, they are beautiful from what I have seen on your link. You probably use power tools to make the job go faster, easier, and better. Thats my fascination, I want my truck to go faster, handle better, and be easier to drive. So I am attempting to do that. I am obviously sold on aspects of 1966, and others I am not. Hence the updated motor trans, brakes etc.. Just building my truck my way I guess. I hope you enjoy the process.
pretty tough to use pwer tools on those kinds of jobs. most of my work is hands on, but again I am interested in how power tools make my work go faster,easier and better. I have been in business at it for 41 years now and I spent 15 years automotive prior.. if you want to add the years up, I left home when i was 14 and 71 now and still productive
Speaking of things being better I did get in a discussion on a woodworking forum about new apparatus that makes people better at what they do. I said that is like having training wheels on a bicycle. needless to say he did refer to me as a dinosaur and I nave been called worse. he says that me being from B.C. that I have more than likely skied and rode a bike at one time or another. he referenced that my skis were more than likely antiques and I had leather boots and that my mountain bike was more than likely over 30 years oldMy skis are old and my boots were the last of the handmades and were a beautiflly made,"Heschungs". but again I haven;t skied since 84. My Rocky Mountain bike is a little over 20 and my road bike is just over 25 and I have ridden regulary for about 45 years
here a couple of pics of them. they are a little more demanding of talent then most consumer skis today. Years ago I spent 5 weeks sking Val D'isere, France and by luck I had stayed at the Director of the hills home for 3 weeks of that time. his sonn was on the French Jr. national team and he introduced me to the Heschungs which what both the national and the jr national team used

he was quiet about the fact after. He did tell me a bit about himself earlier and that he had instructed pilots on either f16 or 18s and that he was now a commercial pilot flying 767s. he went on to say how all the electonics that were installed in one of those planes made him a better pilot. I thought about that and responded, "no, but they more than likely make for a better plane and perhaps they make you look better, but the only thing that can make you a better pilot is yourself"! that is what I think of the word better.
If you are going to race it I would check what class it fits into as only so much set back is aloud in certain classes, but many years have passed since I set up my 32 sedan for "A" gas. rembermber to add some more displacement as bricks take more to move them
have fun
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote