Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 10:36 AM   #714
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
Glass looks great. One more thing to check off the list. Keep plugging away.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Awesome, glad to hear you found a guy that knows what he's doing. Are you going to continue the black theme and tint the windows?
Thanks! And I just found out about a newer(new to me anyway) type of tint, it's not ceramic, but can be clear and all the way up to limo dark, and blocks like 80 or 90 % UV or something. I want to check this stuff out. This will really help down here in TX heat. And if this stuff is legit, I will do clear on the windshield, and probably do a very light tint on the rest of windows. I don't like it too dark anymore like I used to get when I was a young punk I think dark tint has it's place, if you look back on my thread at my 89 fox body it had super dark tint, couldn't see a dang thing at night, but it sure looked mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
Could be me, but I feel like once the windshield goes back in you have reached a pretty significant milestone and it really feels more like a truck than a project. Makes me anxious for mine, but it is fun to watch you guys put yours together.
I am with you on this one step. When he put that glass in it went from zero to 100 in my head. Get ready for some updates cuz i'm gonna be in a hurry now.

My plan at this point is to finish the other inner fender(get it fitting off the truck), then get all the metal back on again and make sure it all fits, fix it if it doesn't. Then I want to pin the door hinges. I guess I am going to weld those thick spacers to my hinges so they aren't 2 pieces also. Then it's on like donkey kong. I will start with the doors, fenders, inner fenders, grill. Sand em all down, filler, primer, paint, hang em. Then I will move on to the bed, sand, filler, primer, paint, hang.

I have a few small things in between like my wire conduit between the doors and cab for wiring in doors. And also LED lights on bottom of doors. And I may also remove and redo my PDU setup a bit by removing the remote mount battery jump terminals in the engine bay. That setup keeps me up at night. Can't put protection on that 1/0 gauge wire because if you ever jump from another car it would pop the breaker/fuse. Other than that, I'm ready to rock.

Oh, I'm also looking really hard at heading to junk yard for a set of 06-11 honda civic door seals. Been reading this thread below and it almost has me convinced I need them.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=741910

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote