View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
ls1nova71

Re: LS with stock gauges/tach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChris View Post
You can avoid all that mess if you are using a 4l60e or a 4l80e you can just find a electric speedo out of a 91 burb. I have 3 if you need one. and hook that up. then you can adjust the speedo through the pcm for gears and tire changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChris View Post
It is an easy swap, you just follow the circuts around the printed board and rewire to the same as your old cluster. then hook the vss from the pcm to your speedo I have the pigtail connector for the electric speedo as well so you just hook your factory wires to the new harness where they need to go
I think there has been some confusion on years here. The OP was asking about a '70, which is not the same as the '73-up cluster, which is the one you can switch out for the electronic Suburban/Blazer speedo. Unless you know of a way to put the '90 speedo into the '67-'72 cluster, in which case I'd like to hear about it. I think it could be done, but won't look factory becaust the later speedo only goes to 85mph, and the '67-'72 goes to 100mph. I'm working on something similar, and will post my results if I can get it to work.
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote