View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 09:04 PM   #1
66Grandeguy

New to here-kind of old everywhere else

Hi folks another Northern Canadian here. I have admired and coveted these trucks since they were new. Its great to see that Collectible Automobile is finally getting around to doing a long article on them in the next issue!

As with most of the older folks on here, I have had numerous of these over the years and have wrecked, wasted or parted out a few. The only two I've been able to hang onto are a 1969 CST (not made that way-upgraded, I have to admit) It has a 250 with an Auto PS/PB and over the years I've been able to add every option you could get in 1969 (approx) except for AC (which you really don't need up here much) All this stuff - buckets, cruise, tilt, tach, vacuum gauge, speed warning, eight track player and AmFm is OEM. The only repro parts are minor such as the cool little slide out cup holder in the former ashtray and new heat sliders controls as the old one finally snapped after only 47 years. Humph!

She's a cutey and has been all over Alberta with me over the last 20 years, albeit rather slowly.

The other one is a project I picked up a few years ago that is one of 33 built as far as the Canadian Vintage Vehicle Services paperwork shows. It's a Canadian-built 1967 1/2 ton GMC short box stepside 4X4. It was rigged up as a mountain-based work truck for the Forest Service I believe as it came with the 292 4 speed, 16 inch wheels, 3:55 gears and a posi according to the SPID. Bit rusty around the bottom half of the cab but otherwise solid and the box must have had a cap on it as the wood floor is still really good.

Great to find this massive source of good will and good info. I look forward to talking quite a bit.

I will post a few pics as soon as I figure out how.
66Grandeguy is offline   Reply With Quote