View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 02:44 AM   #37
c10hevy

Re: 1987 V2500/3500 12v nv4500 build

So....I moved again. This time in the right direction, West. I was able to find a huge promotion (thanks to the great resignation I think) in Sandpoint ID that met all my salary/benefits requests with the first offer. Not to mention, brought me back to the northwest and dont have to deal with all the John Deere strike Bull**** thats still going on; while I am 100% am on the side of the UAW 838 employees! Similar issues are partly to blame why I was looking to leave Deere before all this kicked off.
But was able to secure a nice 3 Acre property with 2 large machine sheds.

Before I moved in, I was staying at my late grandmothers house in Kalispell MT and her neighbor had this cherry shortbed.

I never caught him to talk about it because I was only there for a few days, but let me tell you...it was VERY nice!

About a month later my truck was delivered and I havent worked on it one bit. Its been rough having to ride free dirtbikes for "work" but ORD suspension is next as well as installation of a Rob Bonney intercooler mount into my core support.

I know Ive asked about exhaust before, but my aluminized pipes already rusted pretty terribly just sitting in my Iowa garage, so im going to spend the money to get a stainless system. Do you think it would be best to get a 1st gen cummins 4"HX40 downpipe and then fabricate the rest of the piping? Or frankenstein a 1st gen and a 2nd gen system?

EDIT: Sorry, I dont know how to make the photos smaller after I post to imgur, ill try to remember for posting next time.
c10hevy is offline   Reply With Quote