View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 08:54 PM   #152
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Got some more time in the garage this week and weekend. Couple steps forward and a couple steps backwards.

While idling the truck was showing nearly 80psi at idle on the gauge on the sniper. UGH. So thats not gonna work. I guess maybe the extra voltage at the pump while running pushes more volume through the filter/regulator than it could handle. (compared to when I was testing it by applying 12v to the pump) I read during this that these filters typically dont work correctly on setups with fuel pumps bigger than 255lph.

So I went out and bought a legit regulator and filter to fix that. Only needed a couple fittings and was able to swap it out. I was able to adjust the fp down with no trouble. This new regulator is a lot quieter than the old filter regulator.

My other issue is fuel bleeding off. I added a 1 way valve from Jegs after the regulator but as soon as the fuel pump primes and shuts off the fuel pressure immediately bleeds off to zero. I took the check valve apart and everything appears to be functioning correctly. Im sorta out of ideas.

I did finish up cleaning the wiring in the engine compartment. Its not hidden in anyway but its loomed up as much as I can without going crazy.

I upgraded the firmware in the holley unit and the dash display for the hyperspark. Its running fine and learning. I want to go into the pc software and clean up the 2D tables on fueling and timing.