View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
FunKing85

'85 Short Bed 4X4

New to the forum, long time lurker first time poster. I found this site when I was in high school, spent just about every minute I could on it. I always wanted and old square and a few years after school finally had the money to get one. What I wanted was specific and I could never find the right combo and I kinda gave it up and focused on my motorcycle I had but, of course as fate has it a month or two goes by and the dream truck is sitting on the side of the road literally a block from my house. From first sight to final sale was about an hour. From the beginning its been my plan to make this somewhat of a family affair between myself my father and my step brother. Ive had it for about eight months now, and problems are springing up all over the place. As I type its getting a transmission put in it, which pains me cause I'm not doing it but right now I just don't have the skill or the shop. Me and the Old man are cleaning out his shop and plan on working on it there when the transmission is done.
My knowledge of these trucks is very slim in comparison the the gurus on this forum, so I will have some very silly questions. I plan on this being a meticulous build, and seeing as I am 20 years old and pursuing a Fire Dept. job, money is a factor. I will post some Pics, forgive me if I don't get it right, I am still getting used to the format of the site.
Attached Images