View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 06:28 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Do you have polyurethane or rubber cab and bed mounts?

I have what belongs, rubber. Poly bushings came out for suspension and drivetrain mounts as a performance upgrade by giving a more firm positive feel by limiting movement in more extreme use. You had people pulling body mounts to install solid blocks for a body lift (which was a dumb idea) so the poly bushing people figured people would buy body mounts if they made them. The only problem with that is another name for body mounts is body cushion. You want cushion and rubber is what gives you that. People look at their worn out or missing rubber body mounts and think they need something better. So they get poly mounts. Try NEW rubber mounts. I guarantee you will find they are the perfect thing. Certainly better than the 50 year old originals. The only thing wrong with your original rubber body mounts is they are old

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote