View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 02:14 AM   #107
theastronaut

Re: Winter Beater Build- '66 BBW Custom Short/Fleet with Heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
Winter is just around the corner.
Hey, I never said which winter I've already had the heat on in the Conquest a few times.

No real updates on the truck except that the rear wheel bearings/seals are done and the cover is resealed. Nobody had a 12 bolt gasket in stock locally (checked with 7-8 FLAPS) so I used RTV form-a-gasket made for diff covers. Still need to bleed the brakes. Also needs a turn signal switch so I can get the lights working.

Haven't had much time for projects lately. The Conquest I bought to flip developed fairly extensive drivability issues that have been a pain to track down and fix. It's nearly back to 100% so I'll drive it through the winter and unload it once people start getting their tax checks back. On top of that the VW broke a valve spring so it's torn apart to fix that. Going ahead and doing new bearings, big valve/ported heads, and a cam swap to give it more top end power. Should go from 90 hp to 120-130 and pull north of 7000 rpm instead of falling off around 5200 with the old cam/stock heads. Hoping to drop a full second off the 1/8th mile et.

I'll be selling off the three Conquests early next year and eventually this truck once it's driveable. I'm up to ten cars/trucks now; I need to clear out the extras so I have time for the keepers like Goldilocks, the daily driver '64 VW, and my stalled-project '66 VW (first car).
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote