View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 05:20 PM   #125
theastronaut

Re: Winter Beater Build- '66 BBW Custom Short/Fleet with Heat!

I had Labor Day off so I worked on getting everything ready for the bed to go back on. I made a couple of brackets for the sway bar end links, and relocated the shocks.

Frizzle Fry posted a cheap, easy, and effective shock relocation idea in this thread so I copied that. Moves the shock outboard of the frame and stands it straight up.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...postid=4730005

These are the old rear shocks so the upper hole wasn't big enough to fit on the stud. I'll use the old front shocks on the rear. There was an existing hole in the frame that I used but I think I'm going to move the stud up to the top of the frame so the shock has more travel. The new U-bolts have long enough threads that I can add 1.25" drop blocks... I might be adding drop spindles and disc brakes. If so I can drop the rear a little more to match.

I also scuffed and cleared the back of the cab. We also pulled the bed off of dad's truck and tore out the old floor. You can kinda see it in the background. Hoping to have both of them ready for Goodguys Charlotte.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote