View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 10:33 AM   #194
Chulisohombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan View Post
I babysat the truck at the show all day yesterday. If you ever need some validation on the time and money you spent on a 1969-72 K5 restoration, enter yours in a large mixed-make show and watch what happens. I am the only vintage 4X4 in a show that probably has 500 cars and bikes in it. I had people clustered around the Jimmy all day with lots of compliments, conversations and pictures taken. I apparently have been Instagrammed, whatever that means.

The most frequent questions were about the color, engine and the absent top, along with how long I have had the truck and what I have had done to it. I also had many persons who have family C-10s or 20s to sort out. I let a couple of kids sit behind the wheel if they showed interest in the truck, and I have to admit that several attractive ladies were granted the same courtesy.
That’s what happens with my 72 blazer as well. Im not even in the car show in most cases, just parked out to go to car shows, and every time I come back out to leave there’s a crowd around my truck. Haha. It’s a great feeling.
Posted via Mobile Device
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote