View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 12:08 AM   #88
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Re: The Great Critter Revival ‘09

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Not trying to hyjack your thread Terry, but it sounds like you guys know way more about these drivetrains than I have ever thought about. Anyway, I have an 07 4X4 with vortec max 6.0. I was thinking it is around 367hp bone stock. First question, what tranny does my truck have 4l60e/4l65/4l80? Next question,
I hate the torque management thing I was thinking about a custom tune but don't want to trash my warrenty (100k or 5 years), will my tranny hold up if I do a tune? thanks,
Mike
I'm not an expert by any means, but I believe you have a 4L70e transmission. It basically looks like a 60e or 65e on the outside, but has some better goodies inside i.e. harder, stronger parts. It's the same transmission that GM put in the new GTO, by the way. Also, I think you are correct about your engine, it should be the L76 which does have 367 HP like you mentioned.

I might not be the best person to talk to about the torque managament issue as I have never messed with it myself. I have read that people do start to trash their transmissions pretty quick after they allow all that "MAX" torque to make its way into the tranny. I will promise you if you do it and GM finds out then you can kiss that warranty goodbye!

Check it out www.lsdyno.com

Last edited by Critter; 12-31-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote