View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #2614
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Right. One more disadvantage in living in California is that everything, even in my little burg, is higher than elsewhere in the country.

Maybe not a dinner out in NYC, but you know what I mean.

When I was driving up there, I was thinking, "Well, if it's $100, I'd be happy." "If it's $150, I'll still do it." "But, if he says anything over $150, I'm out."

Then, I began to think about the referrals I've had from people I trust, the pictures on his "site", seeing the work on cars he's done at car shows...
And seeing the cars of all kinds in his shop...not just upscale Ferraris...but Soccer Mom vehicles...I like that. Then, figuring from what he says, he's
on it at 9:00 a.m. on the day in question...no one else doing it but him... and RAT'll be done no earlier than 4:00 p.m.

That's $35.71/hr. His rental space and equipment and materials. Plus, I haven't done anything to the paint since It was new.
Time for a polish and seal and a new cover.

$250's a big bite for me. But I'm bellying up to the bar.
I agree 100%. It will be amazing after he's done to I bet. Make sure and post some pictures when you get it done. I like that color to by the way. That was my 2nd choice when I had mine painted.
After seeing his work and talking to several people I went by and talked to him several weeks ago. He does good work and he takes his time. Leaving on a weeks vacation in the morning so when I get back I hope to have a clear bra put on the front of the hood and bumper also.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.