View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 12:33 AM   #120
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

got a lot done. rebuilt the front mounts 1 3/4" further back. thought about reusing the original mounts (which I had already rebuilt once a couple pages ago) and just cut new ones.

the dimensions I ended up with were
29 1/2" between front mounts center to center
36 1/2" between rear mounts center to center
rear mounts 3" off the frame
front mounts 2 3/4" off the frame
front mount 8 3/4" behind the oval hole on the top of the s10 frame, measured slightly diagonally from the edge of the hole to the center of the mount.
center of front mount to center of rear mount 46 1/2" measured slightly diagonally.

I also measured from the frame split to the center of the rear mounts, as a sanity check but I forgot that measurement. I did measure from the front shock stud to the center of the front mount and got 25 1/2" on both sides.. I think. now that I say it out loud... haha, I am doubting it.

I think the next one I do I may raise the body an inch, that extra inch is just making for all kinds of work. I dunno, let me see what it looks like on the wheels with the body on. maybe I will figure out a better way to carve up the frame. doing another 41 immediately after this.

also got the core support mount started. made the ears on the frame to hold the bushings and the core support mount that bolts to the bushings.

tomorrow during nap time I think I will get the frame painted and the axle put back in on the drop springs.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote