View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 12:17 AM   #123
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

I am a little light on the pictures, I got the rest of the frame sanded down and while I was there I went ahead and cut off the bump stops. I was a little too aggressive with the angle of my grinder though because I had to lay a bead on both sides where I had cut too deep. came out all right.

I am so glad I am done with all the rusty fasteners on this frame. I learn on every project, the 65 I learned not to listen to big promises from builders (not the last guy though, he did everything he said he would), the 49 I learned that I was the only one responsible for the bottom line, the 47 I learned that rusty body donors were a pain in the ass, and this one I learned that rusty S10 donors are an even bigger pain in the ass. I am also tired of being covered in brown dust. luckily, its all reassembly from here in, nothing else needs to come apart. I got the rear shock mounts, u bolts, and trans crossmember all brushed and painted hanmmertone, and the rear frame is painted black with only the center section to finish. I have the new leafs on the rear end and but for the stubborn u bolts not squeezing in I would have it under the frame and the frame rolled out. I also got the fuel filter broken loose (two months of penetrant spray!) and replaced, it was completely plugged up.

thats a lot of words, and I promise to have more pictures tomorrow haha.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote