View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #2901
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebte View Post
Great story! Sucks that people often wait too long before letting stuff go to waste.

When I was in sales I would have stuff that would sit and not sale. I would mark it as SOLD online and people would come out of start calling wanting to know if it was still available. I have no clue how the human mind works, but its confusing.

That co-worker who said I could have that axle, it was the 235 and tranny too, the whole drive train. He bought this SUPER nice driver, a really nice truck. After driving it a bit it had something happen, forget what, a blown head gasket or something like that. This all happened without him asking me a thing, his mechanic couldn't fix it, he was afraid to touch that old motor is the problem he was clueless about it. So he talked my co-worker into putting a v8 in it with the Mustang II front. Which isn't a bad thing, but he was CLUELESS about this stuff too, thinking he was some master hotrodder or something and my co-worker had nothing but trouble with it. It went back over and over with steering problems and over heating problems and brake problems, geeeez.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote