View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 06:05 AM   #1217
K5Fan

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Well...I haven't done anything to my 1970 Blazer today, but the day is just getting started.

Those seats look GREAT! I like the console as well. When I got mine, the original seats were newly upholstered, and it didn't come with the console. I have tried to find that console, but I can't find it.

I'm not a small person. Not fat, but 6'5 and not skinny thighs. The previous owner had what looks like a new OEM 18 inch aftermarket steering wheel on the column with no tilt. I can slide in sideways, but the wheel is basically in my face. I keep the top off, and the roll bar is too far back to mount a shoulder harness. I've been pulled over a few times by the police and was told that they were just checking to see if my wife and I had on our seat belts, since all I have are lap belts. Another thing was that I didn't have a license plate light. I explained that this is a 1970 vehicle that didn't come with shoulder belts, or license plate lights. Good thing that I only drink my beers at home.

So, if yesterday counts for this thread, I installed two newly upholstered bucket seats from a 2001 Silverado that have the shoulder harnesses and buckles in the seats. (I'll still only drink my beer at home) They also have reclining backs, lumbar control, and armrests, which is perfect for an old man of 59! I also wired a LED license plate light on the rear bumper, and now they will probably pull me over for it being too bright!! When I turned on my running lights, it was almost too bright to look at, and that was during the day!

Now...First of all, DeadheadNM, thank you for starting this thread how ever many years you did. Also, what color green is your Blazer? I set up a paint booth and shot mine with what looks like the exact same color, but I used metallic single stage paint. At the paint store I was able to match that color up to a 1970 Nova, and a 1967 Impala.

I haven't set up my profile for this yet, but I will get that done, and send pictures. Thanks for all the great pics and info!

Chris.
K5Fan is offline   Reply With Quote