View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 11:23 PM   #171
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: My 1965 build thread

Thanks Dino, I appreciate the comments. It keeps me going.

I've got the lower bracket mounted on the column. I had to remove 4 welded nuts to allow it to bolt up. I've still got to bolt the lower bracket to the column. I will wait till I get the dash in.

Made a cardboard dash to get a good visual.

With the cardboard lined up on the steering column cutout the 65 dash is alot higher than the Impala. The cardboard is not angled down to reflect the 65 angle. From what I can tell is the Impala dash will be flat to the bottom of the windshield. The 65 dash dives down to the windshield pinchweld. The gauges appear to be located at the same height, since the Impalas gauges mount toward the top of the dash.

I sprayed white paint around the cardboard to give me an idea where I might need to cut. Don't worry I plan on cutting it long and whittle down from there. I've got several ideas of how I'm going to attach it to the pinch weld, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm going to try to use the Impala pinch weld and modify it to make it fit. I've also got to cut the dash down the middle because it is about 3" short on the passenger side.

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote