View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 11:44 AM   #65
loudchevy

Re: BUILD: 1970 C10 LWB “Jumping Cholla”

Progress update....Spent the last 2 weekends stripping body panels and parts. Last weekend I started on the front quarter panels and cowl. I picked up Harbor Freight's sandblaster to get all the hard to reach areas that my 4.5" stripping disc and wire wheel couldn't get. It actually worked very well. I used the fine media from Tractor Supply after putting it all through a strainer to remove some of the larger chucks to not clog the nozzle. I got the wheel wells, cowl, and the fenders all stripped and then spent hours sanding those and the core support to get ready for some Epoxy primer. I plugged the antenna hole and some 16 other screws holes that he PO had put in the sides of the cowl (I think they had dual CB antennas mounted, but that is just a guess). I also filled the holes for the trim molding on the front fenders. I'm not a fan of trim molding on my trucks, I always rip them off when I get a new truck. I actually have all the pieces for this C10, but they're all beat up, dented, scratched and the black paint is faded. I also got the seat sliders, hood hinges, and front core/grill brackets blasted and cleaned up too.

The cab still needs more work. I have some areas to still clean up, holes to fill weld, and sanding lots of sanding.
Attached Images

2003 Tahoe Stock
1985 K5 5.3LS/4L60E|8Lug 4:56|3/4 Ton Front|14BFF Rear|Roll Cage|Dove-tailed & Bobbed

Last edited by loudchevy; 01-29-2024 at 12:13 PM.
loudchevy is offline   Reply With Quote