View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
MrSchaeferPants

Re: Bendix Stromberg WW Rebuild

Alright I'm done for the night. I do have a problem though. First start up, after the bowl filled, it fired right up. I didn't pull the choke and try to get it running, just wanted to fill the bowl and check it. Glad I did it was gushing fuel out of the top of the air horn at the plunger, and the vacuum tube at the very top of the air horn. After many 4 letter words and dinner, I took it back off, took the air horn off. I BELIEVE the float was sticking. Well I know it can stick, as I was playing with it. Gotta figure out why it's occasionally sticking. The body of the float itself, at the end, or far right of it is getting stuck in the bowl when it's all the way down. I'll figure it out tomorrow. And I'll continue with my idle adjustments, pump rod adj, etc.

Thanks for looking, hope to help someone one day. This was sooooo much easier and faster than the last carb I did. Helps when you only have 2 barrels. Hope I don't have to get a new float. If anyone knows my Hg of vacuum for the 305 V6, that'd help when I go to adjust the idle. Otherwise if I can't find it online, I'll set it to 21'ish or by ear